Re: Smoking Dose?

The best established and probably most relevant body burden from smoking
is due to carbon monoxide rather than to radiation which I believe is
quite variable, compared to CO.  The average pack a day smoker will
have 5-8% of the circulating hemoglobin inactivated by CO , and due to
the shift in dissociation curve, the impact on oxygen transport by
hemoglobin will be greater than 10% in many such smokers. RAdiation is
not the only risk from smoking !   gjohn@bgumail.bgu.ac.il
        John Goldsmith, Ben Gurion University of he Negev, Beersheva IL