No Subject

     Many thanks to those of you who sent me information concerning
     HVL's for I-131!  We have some research protocols that include
     administrations of up to 500 mCi I-131 per patient.  I'm
     currently working on room design for these patients and needed
     the data to evaluate shielding requirements.

     The most useful data was sent to me by Richard Smart, Ph.D.  He
     stated that Dr. Mike Groth of the Royal Brisbane Hospital will
     soon publish I-131 transmission data (determined experimentally)
     in a forthcoming issue of "Australasian Physical & Engineering
     Sciences in Medicine"

     Thanks again!
     Carmine

     Carmine M. Plott, Ph.D.