Containment Dose Rates vs Run Time

  This is an inquiry to Pressurized Water Reactor generating stations.

  We would like to establish a relationship, if any between long runs
  (between outages) and higher general area dose rates inside the bioshield.

  We had a run of 508 days on unit 1 ending in 1994 after which we had
  unusually high dose rates inside the bioshield.  Some or all of this was
  attributed to a secondary startup source leak which liberated Sb-123.
  Since then, unit 1 has been coming down for mid-cycle maintenance outages
  due to degrading Westinghouse D-4 steam generators.  General area dose
  rates are unusually low this outage resulting in approximately 90 person
  rem savings compared to the projection.

  Unit 2 is in line to experience a 530+ day run.  With your help, we hope
  to be able to predict whether this run length will affect general area
  dose rates.  Please send a synopsis of any data you may have gathered on
  the subject.  Thank you in advance.

  Please send responses to Jim Capp: byrzx@ccmail.ceco.com