Re: Use of unsealed thorium

In the military, (and I'm sure a number of civilian manufacturers) we use Mg-Th
and Ni-Th in turbines and missile components. We also machine the components
which has led to airborne Th problems.  Th is also used in manufacture of some
lenses.  A friend is currently working on the clean-up of a thorium solution
spill. I am sure there are a number of other uses. (Mantle manufacture comes to
mind). Luke McCormick c0etxlim@mrd42.mrd.usace.army.mil