Bioassay Determinations

10CFR1502 (and equivalent state regs) requires the licensee to
determine whether bioassays are necessary (e.g., user likely to
exceed 10% of the ALI).

Many small licensees (particularly medical) have not realized that
they must comply with this requirement.  To make everyone's life
easier, it would be nice to provide some conservative, baseline
guidance for them to use (preferably in % of the ALI).

While anyone can pull a SWAG out of a hat, I figured that we might
stand a better chance with a bigger hat.  So I'm open to any and all
suggestions.

Here are some easy starting categories:

                    Open Bench              Fume Hood

              volatile    non-volatile  volatile    non-volatile
liquid
solid
capsule

You can reply directly to me, or to the group (if you want debates)

Wes
Wesley M. Dunn, C.H.P.                     512-834-6688
Deputy Director, Licensing                 512-834-6690 (fax)
(Texas) Bureau of Radiation Control        wdunn@brc1.tdh.state.tx.us