Re: Veterinary Nuclear Medicine

It's my impression that the NRC plans to retain the 5 mSv Rule, for human
nuclear medicine. The recent NUREG-1492, "Regulatory Analysis on Criteria for
the Release of Patients Administered Radioactive Material", an ALARA
engineering study, recommended that policy. Perhaps Charlene Raddatz can
elucidate this matter. Incidentally, and quite off the issue, I don't see why
questions, and answers, of this sort, shouldn't be deemed to be of interest,
and potential usefulness, to the HP community at large, and thus worthy of
posting in this newsletter. Also, answers can be wrong, or less than fully
informed. If they go in the newsletter, one has the best chance of receiving
accurate and precise, data.