Veterinary Nuclear Medicine

At Ohio State University, we have a large veterinary medicine program with
nuclear medicine. I am seeking advice from other radiation safety
professionals at institutions with veterinary nuclear medicine component on
release requirements for animals that have had either diagnostic or
therapeutic procedures with radionuclides.
As with all licensees, OSU has to ensure that the general public will not
exceed 100 mrem/year. Our veterinary radiologist wishes to use Tc-99m,
In-111, I-131, and Ga-67 in horses, cats, and dogs. I would appreciate any
information. Please send information directly to me at the following e-mail
address: peterson.179@postbox.acs.ohio-state.edu

Thank you.

Bob Peterson
Radiation Safety