Radiation Oncology Dilemma

I ran your problem past someone here and they expressed concern about the
benefits that would be derived from such a treatment.  Specifically,
What would the effect be if she were not treated?  A patient in her 80s
with advanced Alzheimers would probably not have a sufficent life
expectancy to see recurrence of the tumor again.
Will the treatment extend her life?  If not treated how much will her life
expectancy be reduced?
The general point was that the benefit side of the equation needs to be
examined more closely ('course we don't have all the details).

These are not even my opinions (idunno anything about patient therapy),
so no flame mail please.

Chris Hogan
UAMS
chogan@colan.uams.edu