Activation Products -Reply

Hi Radsafers,

Any guesses on what the parent nuclide is for Br-82 found in electronic
PC boards which have been exposed to high energy (GeV)
photons/neutrons?  I understand IC chips are doped with selenium and
arsenic.  These are "close by" on the chart of the nuclides.  What would
the most likely interaction be?  Other accelerator labs seen this ?

Thanks in advance.......disclaimer....blah, blah.....
Keith Welch
Continuous Electron Beam Accelerator Facility
Newport News VA welch@cebaf.gov

Since ICs are frequently tested in a bath of Kr, could it be a (n,p) reaction
on Kr-82?  I do not have any references available to give me cross
sections and such, so I am just guessing.

Keith Brown
kdb1@nrc.gov