Re: feedback of HP role

     1. What's the angle about money?  I wouldn't have gotten into this
     business if it were just for the money.

     2. By and large, HPs are no different than any other working person
     when it comes to goals; it's just that their particular job is
     different.

     It is somewhat helpful to think that you are helping personnel keep
     their exposure to a minimum (even though we can't agree on the correct
     dose response model).

     It is also good to be compensated for overtime when working outages at
     nuclear power plants.  Production schedules can be taxing on a
     person's family life.

     3. Most people generally aim to make decisions in a neutral
     atmosphere, but that rarely exists.

     There are always external forces on potential decisions to be made.
     Some are lost work time, cost of engineering controls, political
     considerations amongst power players at work, etc...

     All is well as long as compromise remain within the interest of ALARA.

     Glen Vickers