Reactor Accidents

          Speaking of obscure reactor accidents.  Is anyone familiar
          with a reactor accident, "the locals call it a meltdown",
          that occurred in the early 60's in the vicinity of Hallum,
          Nebraska.  Residents of Western Iowa and Eastern Nebraska
          frequently refer to it.

          Thanks for your help....
          Bill Field

          R. William Field, Ph.D.
          Department of Preventive Medicine
          University of Iowa
          bill-field@uiowa.edu

           > I am trying to locate a film/video of the SL-1 reactor
          accident at Idaho in > 1961. A friend said he saw this at an
          Oak Ridge training course.  Thanks in > advance for any
          leads.  Luke McCormick >  c0etxlim@mrd42.mrd.usace.army.mil
          > I have seen the film you most probably refer to about 15
          years ago and it had been lent from the IAEA (International
          Atomic Energy Agency). I do not know whether they still have
          it or wether it is available on loan. The IAEA homepage,
          from where you might find whom to contact, is:
          http://www.iaea.or.at.

Franz Schoenhofer
Federal Institute for Food Control and Research
Department of Radiochemistry
Kinderspitalg. 15
A-1095 Vienna, AUSTRIA