Request for Info on Linear, No-Threshold Model

Radsafers -

I'm scheduled to give a Continuing Education Lecture at the Health
Physics Society Annual Meeting in Seattle on Wednesday morning, July 24,
1996, at 07:15, entitled "The Linear No-Threshold Dose-Response Model:
Both Sides of the Story."  I really mean *BOTH SIDES* of the story.

To ensure balanced and up-to-date coverage, I would appreciate receiving
(directly to my e-mail or paleomail address) references to recent works
(even those in press, if you are willing to share them).  I'd like to
receive original scientific works or your favorite references or lists
of references that shed light on the subject, whether they support a
threshold or no threshold; a linear or non-linear response; or inverse
dose rate effect, supralinearity, fading or repair, adaptive response,
hormesis, or whatever.  I'd also appreciate keys to distinctions between
science (which is sometimes all over the place in terms of results) and
policy (which has to be unique and single-valued).

Also, if you feel you have an opinion that has been ignored, please let
me know or tell me where to read it.

It is my intention to make a balanced presentation.  I've already
drafted my "Top 10 Reasons to Believe in LNT for Radiation Protection"
and "Top 10 Reasons Not to Believe in LNT for Radiation Protection," but
would welcome your additions.

One interesting review that is soon to appear and should be of interest
to those following this thread is

     Advisory Committee on Radiological Protection (ACRP).  Biological
     Effects of Low Doses of Radiation at Low Dose Rate.  ACRP-18;
     Ottawa, Canada: Atomic Energy Control Board of Canada; 1996.

Thanks in advance for your help.

- Dan

Daniel J. Strom, Ph.D., C.H.P.
Staff Scientist