Radiation Sterilization

Hi everyone,

I am serching for some information pertaining to sterilization.  One of our
researchers needs to sterilize some capsules that can't be sterilized by the
typical means. (e.g. alcohol or autoclaving).  One option is the use of ethylene
oxide gas, which is unfortunately toxic.  The other option is gamma irradiation,
which we are looking into pursuing.  The problem is how much dose is needed to
sterilize this material.  From other contacts, I have heard multiple responses
ranging from 10,000 rads to 200,000 rads.  Is there anyone out there that can
help me pin down a little more of an exact number.

Thanks
Jon Dillon
jdillon@ligand.com