Re: Radiation Sterilization

Another way to decrease the amount of exposure to sensitive equipment is
to increase the amount of oxygen in the irradiation chamber to take
advantage of the oxygen effect.  The oxygen effect should increase the RBE
of the radiation(I assume you'll be using either a gamma cell or xrays) by
a factor of 2-3.  Of course increasing the oxygen increase the possibility
of fire, so be careful.

Scott Crail
TRIGA operator/Grad Student, OSU
crail@engr.orst.edu