Mettler Micro Gram-Atic Balance Alert

We have discovered a Mettler Micro Gram-Atic Balance on campus that has 6
Ra-226 anti-static sources. There is no indication on the interior or
exterior of the balance that it contains radioactive material. This
balance has been around for many years, and so presumably there were no
labelling requirements when the balance was obtained. Our sources are
leaking, and so if you have microbalances at your institution, you may
want to check them out for unlabelled radioactive anti-static sources.
John Harvey                       | McMaster University
Senior Health Physicist           | NRB-110
(905) 525-9140 ext 24226          | 1280 Main St. W.
harveyj@mcmail.cis.mcmaster.ca    | Hamilton, Ont Canada L8S 4K1