Re: Sandblasting Grit

Bill,

Glance at CFR 40.13(a) Unimportant quantities of source material.  I believe
your sand blasting grit is monzanite sand based ( probably from Brazil).  I
ran accross the same thing at a customer's site in Southern California.  The
direct readings on a drum of used grit was approximately 20 microrad/h above
background.  Local landfill's were refusing to accept the grit until they
read this section of the reg's.

Hope this helps,
Doug Turner turners@ earthlink.net