Re: Original Text of Atomic Energy Act -Reply

In addition to the individual PLs, federal laws, as enacted, appear
in the set of books "US Statutes at Large" (abbreviated "Stat") in
chronological order.  They are codified, by subject, and updated to
reflect subsequent changes in other series of books, "US Code"
("USC") or "US Code Annotated" ("USCA").  In the world of books, one
goes to the USC to see what the law is now (i.e., as of the latest
update), and to the Stat volume covering the time of enactment to see
the law as originally passed.  Most people are interested in the
current state of the law, so the USC is more widely referred to.  I
guess that's why it shows up on the net now.  I don't know if the
contents of the Statutes at Large (i.e., all old PLs) are available
on the net, but I'll bet if they aren't they will be soon.

J P Davis  joyced@dnfsb.gov