personnel badging

This question may have been asked before, but we are considering
revising our badging of radionuclide users and would like to know the
criteria other institutions use.  Our users handle mainly P-32 and would
not be required to be badged according to 10CFR20 (i.e., they are not
likely to receive 10% of the applicable limits).  Right now, we are
requiring any individual using greater than 3 microcuries of P-32 to be
monitored.  We are considering changing from monthly whole body and ring
badges to one of the following:

1.  Changing from monthly whole body and ring badges to quarterly whole
body and ring badges.

2.  Discontinuing whole body badges, but distribute quarterly ring
badges.

3.  Discontinuing all dosimeters for these individuals.

We would also like to know how institutions badge (or don't badge) these
individuals.  If you discontinued badging, how receptive were workers to
this idea?  What criteria did you use to detrmine badging for these
people?

Individuals may contact me via my E-mail address listed.   I would be
happy to post the results.  Thanks in advance!

Jeff Mason
Indiana University Medical Center
JMASON@WPO.IUPUI.EDU