Re: Uranium in urine

Regarding query of Eric Darois of June 5;

        In the late 1960's I carried out some research at the Radiation
Protection Bureau of the Canadian Dept of Health and Welfare (Ottawa) on
the modes of excretion of uranium in uranium workers. It was published in
1970 in Health Physics (see reference below). Although it is now rather
dated, you may nevertheless be able to locate more recent references using
it with the Science Citation Index.

        Quastel, M.R., Taniguchi, H., Overton, T. and Abbatt, J.D. (1970)
Excretion and retention by humans of chronically inhaled uranium oxide.
Health Physics 18, 233-244.

                        Sincerely,

                        Michael R. Quastel MD PhD
                        Head, Institute of Nuclear Medicine
                        Soroka Medical Center and Ben Gurion University
                        POB 151, Beer Sheva, Israel 84101
                        Tel: 972-7-400754 / 940
                        Fax: 972-7-274696
                        Email:  maay100@bgumail.bgu.ac.il