 ----------
From: radsafe
To: Multiple recipients of list
Date: Friday, June 07, 1996 6:53PM

I am attempting to get an estimate of the life expectancy of portable
radiation detection equipment in order to assist several organizations in
long term budget planning. Primarily, we are dealing with Eberline,
Victoreen, Ludlum, Bicron and Technical Associates equipment, including ion
chambers, scintillation counters, Geiger-Mueller counters, pocket ion
chambers, digital dosimeters based on GMs, and a few gas flow proportional
counters. We have so few of any given model, that we really aren't in a
position to use our own statistics.

If you have any information which might help, I would be happy to receive
it. Please direct any responses to redwards@gonzo.wolfe.net. I would be glad
to send the results to interested parties or, if there is a great deal of
interest, post the results to radsafe.

Thank you.

Richard W. Edwards