Child's Risk from Medical X-rays

Dear Radsafers,

I received the following request for help and information.  Can any of you help her?  Any replys should go to Ms. Priede directly (she is not on Radsafe), and to Radsafe if you feel it is of sufficient interest.

Thanks,
Wes Van Pelt
vanpelt@ios.com

---------------------------------------
Sir:
     Can you direct me to information on repeated x-rays and their possible
effects on infants?  I have a 4 year old son who was a preemie.  He was born
at 32 weeks and diagnosed with NEC at 1 week old.  He received MANY x-rays in
NBICU and I would like to know what his future health risks from the
radiation are.

Thank You,
Laura L. Priede

Dear Wes:

Thank you  for your response.  By all means you have my permission to put my
request for information on a radiation server.  Our best guess is that Alex
received between 30 and 40 unprotected x-rays.  Not all were of the abdominal
region, several were of his lungs.

Thank you again, and I look forward to the information I will be getting!

Laura Priede
LLPriede@aol.com