Fiestaware at Trinity

Hate to beat a dead horse, however, the demonstration at Trinity
site discusses the uranium in the GLAZE not the clay.  The fact
that the glaze also contains lead which can leach when acidic foods
such as tomatoe based products are eaten off the plates is also
discussed.  We are collecting an interesting display of consumer
items which contain radioactive material for the Trinity
demonstration.  We try to take this opportunity to educate the
public on these items and hopefully they come away with the
impression that radiation should by all means be respected but not
feared.  If anyone has unwanted consumer items containing
radioactive material they would care to donate to the cause please
contact me at eblevins@wsmr-emh37.army.mil.  Appreciate all the
information available on Radsafe.

Lisa Blevins
Health Physics Technician