Patient Info Following Iodine Therapy

     Greetings, Radsafers!

     I was asked recently to develop better guidelines for patients who are
     released following therapy treatments -- although this includes
     patients with permanent implants, I'm focusing primarily on
     radioiodine at this time.

     I've seen the pamphlet from the Society of Nuclear Medicine.  There's
     a section called "A checklist for you and your doctor..." and this is
     where I need help.  For example, how long should the patient sleep
     alone?  How long should the patient minimize time spent with pregnant
     women and young children?  How long should the patient use separate or
     disposable eating utensils?  We've had patients that want to know the
     specific number of days for each of our recommendations!

     Could someone please point me in the direction of a good reference?

     Many thanks!
     Carmine

     Carmine M. Plott, Ph.D.
     Director, Radiation Safety