Counting Zinc 65 by LSC

Has anyone counted Zn65 solutions by liquid scintillation?

The beta emmisions are energetic but low yield - plenty of auger electrons
however (Zn 65 is regarded principally as a gamma emitter).  The question
is, is it better to use gamma counting with it's inherently low efficiency
or to chance LSC with an unkown efficiency.

My advice to the researchers concerned has been to try both and use the
method that gives the best result but I would like to hear from anyone who
has real life numbers.

Michael Williamson
                                        ph +61 7 3365 4504
Radiation Protection Adviser            fax +61 7 3365 1577
Occupational Health & Safety Unit       m.williamson@mailbox.uq.edu.au
University of Queensland
Brisbane 4072
Australia