Alpha/Beta Isotopic Analysis

     Hello Radsafers,

        I would like to find out what other institutions are using to
     perform isotopic identification/quantification of smear samples
     containing unknown mixtures of alpha and soft beta emitting isotopes.
     Our isotopes of interest have beta emissions in the 10-200 KeV range.
       We are currently using a Beckman 6000LS LSC. This works well if we
     already know what isotopes are present (we can run two isotope DPM
     calculations as long as they have already been identified).
        If your institution has a workable solution to this problem I would
     greatly appreciate your response to:

                        Longj@Battelle.org