Texas Licensees and Registrants

Realizing that there are large numbers of Texas licensees and
registrants who peruse this list, I'd like to point out that TRCR 21
(Our 10CFR20 equivalent) has just been revised.  Copies are going out
in the mail and should be received soon.

This revision includes several changes, fixes and cleanups.  Some
selected items of particular interest:

21.301(a)(2) The annual public dose (TEDE) limit from x-ray devices is
raised back to 500 mrem.

21.201(c)(3) Medical fluoro procedures are allowed an alternate means
of determining dose (can take apron shielding into account)

21.205       Cummulative occupational dose history is only required
before a PSE.  (Still need to track current year, when required)

20.302(c)    Dentists and "minimal threat devices" don't need to
document compliance with public dose limits.

20.502(b)    Ancillary health care personnel don't need dosimetry
before entering high radiation area is annual dose not likely to
exceed 10% (e.g., brachytherapy nurses).

App 21-G     Release limits for I-125 and I-131 have been raised by a
factor of 5 (grouped with beta/gamma emitters instead of
transuranics, Radium, ect...)

Wes
Wesley M. Dunn, C.H.P.                     512-834-6688
Deputy Director, Licensing                 512-834-6690 (fax)
(Texas) Bureau of Radiation Control        wdunn@brc1.tdh.state.tx.us