Re: Some questions on Pu

Bernie --

Your original posting led me to believe you were talking about acute
toxicity.  Given your assumption re the LNT, your statement is reasonable
although I have not checked it to see how it agrees with BEIR or ICRP.  But
remember, this is one 'theoretical' cancer, presumably with exposure over a
50 y period, and does not take into account such factors as latency,
potentiation by smoking, or age at exposure.  And, I never said that you
said that Pu was not highly radiotoxic!

Cheers,

Ron