Re: Radiation Detector Calibrations

Eric:

The "best" way to calibrate most instrument, in my opinion is, first to
calibrate the rate meter with a pulse generator, then calibrate the detector
by using a source of your choice.

Don't forget most nuclear power plants are Cobalt factories.

At 11:38 AM 6/26/96 -0500, you wrote:
>Time for a new topic.
>
>I am trying to determine the "best" way to calibrate a survey instrument
(i.e. Ludlum
>III.)  There have been two methods proposed: A pulse generator or a Cs-137
Calibration
>source. Any information would be appreciated.
>--
>Eric A. Goldman, B.S.,CNMT
>Baylor University Medical Center
>Department of Medical Physics/Radiation Safety
>Dallas, Texas  75246
>(214) 820-3870
>
>"Gotta run, the cat's caught in the printer."

Mr. Rahim Ghanooni
Sr. Health Physicist
Certified Hazardous Material Manager (CHMM)
319-851-7133
rahim@inav.net