Re: Chernobyl Control room doses

>Radsafers,
>
>   The Operators at my plant were wondering what the operators at the
>operating Chernobyl units are receiving in radiation dose since the accident.
>
>Thanks,
>
>Tony Hedges
>RPT
>loui19@vcomm.net
Reply:
In my several visits to the control rooms of Unit 3 and 2, over the past
seven years,  I measured no increases above background on my portable rate
meter.  However there are airborne particles all over and the total story
must include exposure from internal emitters.  Early on I did not see too
many personnel dosimeters nor area monitors in the control rooms.  I
recently saw personel dosimeters (TLD) on staff, but if there are area
monitors in the control rooms, I did not see them.  I was tols personnel
doses do not exceed international limits.
What does IAEA say?
Marvin Goldman