Bill Wiley

With sadness, I report the death of Dr. William Wiley, radiation biologist
and retired Director of Pacific Northwest National Laboratory, and
Washington State University regent, at his home on Sunday, June 30.  Bill
was an extraordinary individual, who on many occasions demonstrated a keen
understanding and strong support for health physics, both from an
operational and research standpoint.  We will miss he strong leadership and
ideas at the national planning level, and most of all his friendship.

A memorial service will be held Wednesday.  Contributions to WSU scholarship
fund in lieu of flowers has been requested by the family.

Please contact me by private e-mail at rkathren@tricity.WSU.edu if more
information is desired.

Ron Kathren