Re: Re[2]: Radon Question from Occ-Med-Env

At 08:19 AM 2/7/96 -0500, you wrote:
>     The radon gas is the same concentration outside the mask as well as
>     inside.  Any particulate daughters will be the same concentration on
>     the inside as the outside due to continuous decay.

Is this correct?? Won't the "clearance rate" of Rn from the mask be fast
enough to ensure that the concentration of Rn progeny in the mask is much
less than outside the mask?? That's what I thought would happen. But I'm no
Rn expert!! Somebody please advise.

Regards

  Alex Zapantis
  Radiation Safety Officer
  Queensland University of Technology
  Acting Manager
  Health & Safety Section
  Victoria Park Road                 Ph     : 61 7 3864 3566
  Kelvin Grove Qld 4059             fax     : 61 7 3864 3993
  AUSTRALIA                           Email  : a.zapantis@qut.edu.au

    "From the moment I could talk I was ordered to listen."

                                                               Cat Stevens