Re: Re[2]: Radon Question from Occ-Med-Env -Reply

At 15:07 1996-07-02 -0500, you wrote:
>Franz-
>Thanks for your answer, I guess I didn't stop to think about it closely. As
>to how Rn220 would be present, the example you give is a good one. Note that
>there are a number of Dept of Energy remedial action projects in which
>thorium, in enclosed areas, is a major concern. There was a site in New
>Jersey where the citizens in the neighborhood of a chemical plant that had
>processed Th for the production of gas lantern mantles (and other purposes)
>had used the tailings as backfill around their homes. Rn220 concentrations on
>the order of several working levels were found in at least one family's
>basement.
>
>Chris Alston

Chris,

Thank you for   y o u r   example.

We have a person in Austria, who does "worst thoron case scenarios", but
until now he has not exceeded thoron concentrations of several percents of
the radon concentration! Do you have more information about the thoron
houses and the remedial action projects?

Franz Schoenhofer
Schoenhofer
Habichergasse 31/7
A-1160 Wien