Re: Instrument Calibrations

We calibrate our pulsers against an oscilloscope for pulse duration and
height on a six month basis. Admittedly, the cycle was selected mostly for
our own convenience as we calibrate almost everything on a six month basis
due to local regulatory requirements for instruments used at accelerator
facilities. The oscilloscope is calibrated by an outside metrology group
that links back to national standards.

Also, I want to emphasize one point that has already been made. This
"calibration" is used only for checking the metering electronics, adjusting
crossovers in SCAs and such. The entire instrument package, including
detector, has to be checked. And it's this check that determines if an
instrument is calibrated.

Richard Edwards, Analyst
redwards@gonzo.wolfe.net