Re: Dose Rates from Patients -Reply -Reply

If an individual is in an area with a rate of 101 mr/hr for 45 seconds
there is a vast difference between that and 101 mr/hr for 45 minutes, but
if those individuals spend no other time in that area in any one hour,
they still do not enter a "high radiation area" per the regulations.
How often do practitioners spend major portions of hours in proximity to
a given patient ? This is a still abbreviated explanation of my
previous statement.

Bill Pitchford
Radiation Protection Facility
Arizona State University