Re: Stirring the pot

> What kind of boost for nuclear power might come from solving the waste
> disposal problem? If Ward Valley and other low level storage sites open and
> Yucca Mountain begins actually storing spent fuel successfully, could this
> result in a shift toward nuclear as a way to mitigate global warming?
>
> Bob Flood
> Stanford Linear Accelerator Center
> (415) 926-3793     bflood@slac.stanford.edu
> Unless otherwise noted, all opinions are mine alone.

This may be a good strategy - fighting public hysteria with junk science
(global warming arguments).  Seriously, there are so many bad conclusions
in global warming.  The first is that the earth is warming.  The second
is that, even if it is warming, it is man's fault, and not a natural
event.  I just find it hard to believe that, though meteorologists cannot
predict the next days wheather for a whole state, they can predict the
wheather for the whole world for decades to come.  I have heard few
meteorologists espouse global warming, but have heard many politicians
and activist espouse it (they wouldn't lie would they?).  I have to
wonder, since there are three distinct possibilities for global
temperatures, where are the activists for the other two (cooling or
stasis)?  Maybe I am not catching on to the global warming fad, or maybe
I am an idiot.

Robert A. Jones
RAJ6582@acs.tamu.edu