Re: Stirring the pot -Reply

Anyone care to talk about global warming, greenhouse gases, coal
burners, and nuclear power?

DHARRISON@DOE.LANL.GOV

>>> Mike McNaughton <mcnaught@lanl.gov> 07/12/96 08:13am >>>
>This may be a good strategy - fighting public hysteria with junk science
>(global warming arguments).  Seriously, there are so many bad
conclusions
>in global warming.  The first is that the earth is warming.  The second
>is that, even if it is warming, it is man's fault, and not a natural
>event.

I don't get it. Where are you getting your information from?  Yes, the
doomsday warnings of very large global warming were exaggerated,
but my interpretation of the data is that statistically significant global
warming has been observed, and that the theory of the greenhouse
effect is based on sound scientific principles, although the details are
uncertain.  Am I off base?

Stay safe, mike (mcnaught@LANL.GOV)