Global Warming

> I don't get it. Where are you getting your information from?  Yes, the
> doomsday warnings of very large global warming were exaggerated, but my
> interpretation of the data is that statistically significant global warming
> has been observed, and that the theory of the greenhouse effect is based on
> sound scientific principles, although the details are uncertain.  Am I off
> base?
>
> Stay safe, mike (mcnaught@LANL.GOV)

My information is from my brain, yes, I am trying to use logic in an
emotional argument.  You admit that doomsday warnings are exaggerated,and
even say that the details are uncertain, but try to defend it because it
is based on sound scientific principles.  This sounds like
sociologists claiming that their field is a science because they use
the scientific method.  My answer to that is, I am a gourmet chef
because I use measuring cups.  You can see why better standards are
needed, and why scientists need to heavily scrutinize scientific
results with logic.

Why are we spending BILLIONS on sound scientific principles that are
greatly exaggerated and which details are unclear?  When observing global
warming "data," I have yet to see error analysis.  The "data" show that
there is about a one degree increase in "global" temperatures.  Have the
measurement points always been the same?  Have the measuring equipment
been the same - since whatever time frame - say 50 years ago.  Have
volcanoes been taken to account for any temperature changes - i.e. Mt
Penatubo and Mt St. Helens? The only Global temp. readings that I would
believe are satellite measurements of Global temperatures.  How many
years have global temperatures really been taken folks?  We need to
have very high standards in science.  Global warming may be a reality,
but all the "proof" that I have seen has been GARBAGE, and yes, junk
science.

Robert A. Jones
RAJ6582@acs.tamu.edu

Please respond to this with fact and not emotion.  Make me agree with
you.