Re: PuBe (fwd)

The biggest difference is the inner and outer containment, and the size of
source per Ci's.  Some are stainless steel inner and outer, some are
stainless & tantalum.  On 239 sources, the Pu and Be have to be packed
together in order to get the neutrons, they are fired to get this effect.
When cut open it looks like metal.