postponing RADSAFE mail

Thanx to Bernie Shleien for reminding me that many RADSAFE subscribers will be
attending the HPS Annual meeting in Seattle and might not wish to come back to
scores of RADSAFE messages in their e-mail queues.

The following describes how to postpone your mail until you re-establish it.
And yes, you *will* miss any messages posted to RADSAFE during the postponement
period.

To temporarily halt mail from RADSAFE, send the following message to
listserv@romulus.ehs.uiuc.edu:

set RADSAFE mail postpone

To re-establish mail delivery, send the following message to
listserv@romulus.ehs.uiuc.edu:

set RADSAFE mail noack

To re-establish mail delivery in digest mode, send the following message:

set RADSAFE mail digest

I just know that I've just opened a big can of worms here, as anyone whose
e-mail account has been altered by his/her mail system administrator(s) will
have trouble using the automated postpone method.  Therefore, if you try to send
a postpone message to the listserver and receive a message telling you that you
aren't subscribed, e-mail me and include the relevant part of the error message
in your e-mail.  Please note that I'll be leaving for the meeting the morning of
Saturday the 20th and remote administration of the listserver costs me $$$ in
long distance phone costs. <grin>

I hope to meet those of you that I didn't run into last year!

--
 Melissa Woo, Health Physicist                       | m-woo@uiuc.edu
 University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign          | office 1.217.244.7233