scrabbler is used in large-scale decontamination operations that involve
pulverization of coated floor and concrete substrates. Please notify me if
if you want further information.

*** Reply to note of 07/17/96 09:03

From: Kurt Geber
To: RADSAFE --INELMAIL RADSAFE

Subject: Concrete Demolition
Does anybody in radsafe have experience controlling airborne contamination
generated by an electric jack hammer?  We're planning to use a "Bosch
electric breaker hammer" to decontaminate about 15 sq. ft. of Cs-137 and
Sr-90 contaminated concrete inside a building.  Based on core sample results
we're going to remove the top  1" from a 12" thick slab.  Of course we'll be
using respitory protection, but we don't want spread contamination to the
adjacent lesser contaminated areas so we want some engineered control for
the dust. I really don't have time to experiment on clean concrete with
various size HEPA vacs.  Any practical advice is appreciated.  Thanks in
advance.

        Kurt R. Geber
        Lockheed Martin Energy Research Corp.
        Oak Ridge National Laboratory