exempt items

A clarification is in order.  Some specific regulations in Part 30 (e.g.,
30.15, 30.16, 30.19...) DO INCLUDE AN EXEMPTION FROM PART 20 REQUIREMENTS.
 However, 10 CFR 30.18 (exempt quantities), and 30.14 (exempt concentrations)
do not.  So, while the quoted passages in my initial post are correct, my
extemporaneous interpretation of the quoted material was not.  My final
statement was only applicable to those items received pursuant to the
non-commercial provision in 10 CFR 30.18, and not to all items identified in
10 CFR 30 as exempt in some way.  My apologies for any confusion, and my
thanks to the kind person who clarified this.

Barbara L. Hamrick
Los Angeles County - Radiation Management
BLHamrick@aol.com