Re[2]: Wear of Control Badge (Re: Extremity Dosimetry)

The correct way to assess extremity exposure for a specific monitoring period is
as follows:

Finger Ring Exposure/Period worn + SDE-skin/Period (finger ring NOT worn)

Basically, during the time that a finger Ring was NOT worn, the extremity has to
be assumed to be at least the shallow dose exposure to the rest of the whole
body. If you only use the limited time the finger ring was worn, you are
underestimating. If you subtract the wholebody does, well,, I have no idea why
you are doing that.

Sandy Perle

We have personnel wear their body badge at all times when working in
restricted areas/radioactive materials.  We have them attach the ring to
the body badge when not working with radioactive materials but in
arestricted area.  At the end of monotoring period the extremity dose is
the reported extremity dose minus the body dose.