Subject: Re: Wear of Control Badge (Re: Extremity Dosimetry)
Author:  radsafe@romulus.ehs.uiuc.edu at MedgatePO
Date:    7/24/96 12:04 PM

On Tue, 23 Jul 1996, charrisr wrote:

> We have personnel wear their body badge at all times when working in >
restricted areas/radioactive materials.  We have them attach the ring to >
the body badge when not working with radioactive materials but in >
arestricted area.  At the end of monotoring period the extremity dose is >
the reported extremity dose minus the body dose.  > >
I'm suprised that your regulators allow this. The extremities are
being exposed both when the ring is on the finger and when it is
on the body, so how can you justify subtracting the body dose?

Stan Wilson swilson@emory.edu