Re: radon spas -Reply

Bernie:

Let me suggest two  possibilities:

1.  The chamber of commerce/tourist bureau in Guarapari Brazil.
Guarapari is not a spa town but the beach sands, loaded with thorium
and uranium, are reputed to be therapeutic by the locals. I believe there
used to be a Hotel Thorium and a Hotel Radium there. Sorry, don't have a
phone number. I'd call a travel bureau specializing in South American
travel. I haven't checked but I thinks its pretty close to Rio and CNN
probably has someone  there they could use for the story.

2. My favorite, I've just written a piece for the HPS Newsletter on this, is
Jachymov/Joachimsthal in the Czech Republic.
  Czech State Spa
  Management
  362 51 Jachymov, nam. J. Fucika 414
  Tel 346  Telex 156310

A bonus suggestion that the CNN guys in Atlanta might like: Radium
Springs Georgia, they could get a crew there in no time.  However, I
don't believe anyone goes there for the radioactivity anymore.

Best wishes

Paul Frame
Professional Training Program
ORISE