Re: radon spas

Dr. Cohen,

You might check out the hot springs at Hot Springs (National Park),
Arkansas.  These have been studied for radon content many times over the
years.  Now that I think about it, here is a federal agency (National Parks
Service) physically contributing to "promoting" radiation exposure of the
public!  Horrors!  Shades of tobacco farming subsidies.

The Arkansas Health Dept. should have data on radon concentrations in Hot
Springs, AR.  I have a copy of a MS thesis that reports measurements
conducted in the '70s, I believe.  If you want these data, let me know.

Milton McLain