Re[2]: Mixed Waste

** Be careful because even neutralization is considered treatment under
PBR (Permit by Rule).  You don't want to get in trouble with the haz waste
folks either.

You can neutralize the acid with any base and then it become radwaste not
mixed waste. There are some processor that will take the Freon, I will give
you their name next week.

At 10:35 PM 7/21/96 -0500, you wrote:
>I hope someone out there can help me out!!!
>I have about 300 gallons of phosphoric acid with low level radioactivity in
it.
> Is there any treatment processes out there for this type of waste???? Also we
>have about 40 gallons of sludge with Freon-113 mixed in it.  Any help at all
>would be greatly appreciated!
>
>Respond to:radconpro@aol.com

Mr. Rahim Ghanooni
Sr. Health Physicist
Certified Hazardous Material Manager (CHMM)
319-851-7133
rahim@inav.net