Re: radon spas

>	Does anyone know how to contact radon spas -- places where people
>go to get radon exposures for their health -- other than the ones in
>Montana, Austria, and Japan? CNN is producing a TV program using these as
>a lead in to the idea that low level radiation is not so dangerous and
>may even be beneficial.
>
>Bernard L. Cohen
>Physics Dept.
>University of Pittsburgh
>Pittsburgh, PA 15260
>Tel: (412)624-9245
>Fax: (412)624-9163
>e-mail: blc+@pitt.edu

Hi there:

Who? What? ....CNN...?  It must be for some of their investigative reports =
"apocalyptic series".  As a matter of fact, the last one had the same name.

Back to the question.  There used to be some also in the Czech Republic,
around town of Jachymov.  However, my memory is short on details.  I visited
the place as a student, and something tells me that they also use
radium-rich-mud-bath treatments for patient.
If needed I can look for contacts.

Best regards,
  Miroslav

  Miroslav Lieskovsky                Health Physics Department
  Health Physicist                           Point Lepreau G.S.
  e-mail bus: mirolies@nbnet.nb.ca         New Brunswick Power
  Phone  bus: (506) 659 7421                       P.O. BOX 10
  Fax    bus: (506) 659 2003                      Lepreau, N.B.
  e-mail res: miroslav@mi.net                  Canada, E0G 2H0
  PS. Standard disclaimers apply...(also to expressed opinions).