Re: Light Sensitive GM Tube -Reply

Paul Frame's message agrees with my very extensive experience in
1952-1958 when I was using 24 GM tubes continuously 24 hours per day over
the 6-year period with time roughly equally split between samples and
background so we really had good data on backgrounds -- in fact I
published a paper on these backgrounds. We often noticed sensitivity to
fluorescent lights, but as long as we kept the counters dark, there was
no problem. We never changed a counter because of light sensitivity.

Bernard L. Cohen
Physics Dept.
University of Pittsburgh
Pittsburgh, PA 15260