Eberline Alpha 6 Monitors

     Can someone give me advice on the use of Eberline Alpha-6A-1 air
     monitors.  The instruments are normally configured for Pu-239, but
     ours has been configured for U-238.  I am curious as to whether or not
     the default set up for Radon subtraction (etc.) is used by most
     customers, or if most have to "tweek" it for their own facilities.  I
     am also interested in measured efficiencies for the instrument as
     compared to the 45% 2pi efficiency reported by the vendor.

     I would also appreciate any other advice concerning this instrument.
     Once again, please contact me directly with information that would not
     be of interest to the entire RADSAFE list.

     Thanks in advance,

     Jerry Barber
     M4 Environmental
     barberj@m4lp.com