Solicting Questions for the ABHP Part I exam

Fellow Radsafers,

The Part I panel is trying to expand the Part I question bank.  A friend is
the chairman of the Part I panel and asked me to post the following to
RADSAFE.  Please respond to Stan Waligora at the address listed.  Your help
is greatly appreciated.

Jamie Mallon CHP

                INFLUENCE THE FUTURE OF HEALTH PHYSICS

What should a Certified Health Physicist know?  You are invited to draft
questions for the ABHP Part I exam.  Please provide a question with five
multiple choices answers, only one of which is correct.  The question should
be accompanied by a brief explanation and/or supporting references.
Questions can range from challenging to less difficult, and should be within
the scope of expected qualifications of a CHP.  Each question is reviewed by
the Part I Panel in a validation process that assigns a level of difficulty
to each question.  The exam is prepared using a mix of questions that cover
various topics and have varying difficulty.

In drafting questions avoid pedantic questions or those requiring
memorization of obscure information.  At the same time, consider that the
scope of the topics tested is broad and individual questions can address
topics that are not universally known by all CHPs.  Good basic questions
scope many Health Physics specialties.  The time required to answer questions
requiring calculation should be limited to one to six minutes.

Please provide draft questions to:

Stan Waligora
Environmental Dimensions Inc.
4206-B Louisiana Blvd., NE